Monday, February 18, 2008

Latest Work in Progress - Using those PSI's (Plus Sized Inchies)


In the middle of having a lousy cold that made it hard to see, I just now have had some time to work on a new piece. I have a group of friends in http://www.clothandchocolate.net/ with whom I exchanged Plus Sized Inchies (PSI's).


A few of the other members of the group had started to make quilts with their PSI's. Now that I had quite a selection (and I think I still have a few more coming), I needed to devise my own approach too. It was nice to be able to borrow the tucking concept one group member was playing with for this piece. That gave me some opportunities for "window panes" to highlight a number of the PSI's and make them stand out. The borders are irregular and are areas where other PSI's can be added. The row of PSI's on the right will dangle.



I partially quilted the base of the design before adding borders. The quilting on the gold cotton fabric is meant to emulate ribbons.

0 comments: