Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Back for a While (or Not)

Outta Time Tote - for Oslin to hold his watercolor art
 After a long hiatus, a life that got too full, and some time to reflect, I am back at the sewing machine. I don't know that I am ready fully for the big creative pieces: commissions for various people and organizations, but I have been able to enjoy using up a number of fabric scraps. Mostly been doing purses. So, here are three recently completed. The Mt. Fuji is on the front and back of the tote, the pockets have a mottled green, and the inside of the bag is sort of a twig fabric. I made the bag from the pattern by Dog Under My Desk, modified so that it is reversible.
Showing the inside of the front pocket

Inside of Bag and Inside Pocket

Back - Outta Time Tote
 This is the same bag pattern (Outta Time Tote) and is reversible as well, but this one is meant as a teacher gift. His teacher is into mustaches
Outta Time Tote

Inside of the Bag - Pencil fabric and orange batik pockets

And, then, last but not least, a dear friend, in her desire to purge, gave me a number of pieces of fabric. This one has some sentimental value to her and I hope to surprise her with this purse tomorrow. When life is a gift and I have been gifted, somehow it seems right to keep on going. The pattern for the bag is the Zip and Go from Dog Under My Desk. 
Zip and Go Bag - using Kona Japanese cotton

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Mt. Fuji is just stunning. Someone will snap that one up quickly. I always love looking at your creative endeavors.